Posted in Uncategorized

One of my best drawings

Hi this is Soledad and today I’m going to show you a drawing of my dad that I made during the summer. It is a very realistic drawing that took a lot longer than all of the other drawings that I showed you. Just so you know this is a portrait of my dad.

Here is the drawing

The way that I drew this is first I made a oval shape and then I made a cross in the oval. Then I drew the eyes and to do that you draw the main shape of a eye and then you draw a circle with a small square next to the pupil and the square is the highlight so make sure that you don’t color it in. And then I left a half circle at the bottom of the eye which you should color in lightly so that it is lighter than the rest of the eye. Then you do that for both eyes. After that you draw the eyebrows and to do that you draw a bunch of small lines a little bit messily and put it into the shape of the person’s eyebrows depending on who you are drawing.

For the nose you draw the general shape of it and then shade it in wherever it needs to be shaded in and draw the nostrils. And again for the mouth you draw the shape of it and then shade it in wherever the shadows are depending on the lighting of your reference photo.

The next thing to draw is the ears. To draw ears just like the nose you draw the general shape of the ear depending on who you are drawing. Then you want to shade in the ears where they need to be shaded and then you are done with the ears.

Next is the mouth. To draw the mouth you draw the general shape of it which once again depends on the person you are drawing. Then you draw a lot of shading on the tips of the mouth and for the teeth you draw squares pretty much and then put a little bit of shading. Now draw any freckles or things like that and you are done

That is how I drew a realistic drawing of my dad.

One thought on “One of my best drawings